Thursday, July 9, 2009

Jacko's Dermatologist: 'I Am Not the Father'

Michael Jackson's Dermatologist: 'I Am Not the Father' | Michael Jackson

Dr. Arnold Klein (left) and Michael JacksonPhoto by: Splash News Online, Sonia Moskowitz / Globe

He is alleged to be the real father of Michael Jackson's children. Another claim says he is being investigated for prescribing the singer dangerous narcotic pain medications and anesthesia. Now, Jackson's longtime dermatologist, Dr. Arnold Klein speaks out to address the rumors.
Klein, a Professor of Dermatology and Medicine at UCLA medical school, and a favorite of stars such as Elizabeth Taylor, flatly denies any involvement in over-prescribing drugs to Jackson.
"I didn't give him this crap they are talking about," Klein states in a new interview with Good Morning America. "I've never prescribed Oxycontin in my life. How am I going to prescribe Diprivan [a.k.a. Propofol, which is used for anesthesia] when I don't understand how to use it?"
He also denied being one of five doctors reportedly under investigation in the state of California for writing prescriptions for Jackson's medications. "I am not even under any examination by the police as one of those individuals," he said. "I have not been examined by anyone. I have not been contacted by the police in Los Angeles."
Klein also says that Jackson did not appear to be in severe pain – or to be battling addiction – during their last meeting, which was the Monday before Jackson's death. "He danced in my office. He danced for my patients. He was very muscular and he was very very happy and dancing," Klein says. "I saw nothing at that point I time that would make me worry whatsoever."
When asked if a rumor that he was the real father of Jackson's three children, Prince Michael, 12, Paris Katherine, 11, and Prince Michael II (Blanket), 7, was true, Klein offered a denial – sort of.
"All I can tell you is, to the best of my knowledge, I am not the father of these children," Klein said. "I can't answer it any other way. I don't want to feed any of this insanity going around." He did express a fondness for his friend's children adding, "These are brilliant children and I want them in no way to be harmed ... People should know the depth of [Jackson's] love of his children."

By Charlotte Triggs

No comments:

Post a Comment